Thursday, July 10, 2008

The center of the known universe

very much like Albany is 3 hours from NYC, Boston and Montreal - it turns out that Cedar Rapids is 250 to roughly 300 miles (out there 3 3/4 to 4 1/2 hours) from everywhere (speed limit is 70 through the corn). 252 miles to Chicago, 254 miles to Milwaukee, 263 miles to Omaha, 270 Miles to St. Louis, 278 Miles to St. Paul, and 321 miles to Kansas City. Hmmm what do all this cities have in common with the exception of Omaha???

Yep that's right they all have a Major League Baseball team!!!
And the Met's play in Milwaukee (9/1 Labor Day, 9/2, 9/3)

Ah the possibilities! Planned right I could add 6 stadiums to the places I have seen a game.
(Wrigley, comiskey, Busch, rogers, Twins, Royals)

I have seen a game in the Polo Grounds, Yankee Stadium, Shea Stadium, The Astrodome, and Fenway Park.

This could catch me up with my friend Anthony!! but hey - who's competitive???

Just a little something or 6 for the to do list - who needs to make a profit when you work when you could see live pro ball in new places??

Well maybe if I behave!

No comments: