Monday, July 14, 2008

stuff to say

OK so the Mets go into the All Star break 1/2 game out of first place - having won 9 in a row. The pitching staff suddenly looks awesome. It should be a great 2nd half.

Two men of note passed away during the past few days. Bobby Murcer and Tony Snow. I mention them because they were two of the good guys. Bobby Murcer as a guy who was Post Mantle and here comes the Boss - but was always a gentleman and was always nice even as a denizen of the evil empire. Tony Snow - who I grew to like in my years as a sales person listening to him fill in for Rush. A true gentleman - even the loyal opposition liked him. He was my age. Gone too soon!

And - Yes I am in Cedar Rapids. Today is the first day of assignment #2 as a Consultant. May this be a mutually profitable and enjoyable venture.

Yes the flood waters are gone. But I must say I had some logistical problems as all the emergency detour signs are seemingly in place and no longer have meaning.. but it is dry and the weather is just magnificent today.

No comments: