Saturday, August 16, 2008

Today's doings

Happy Birthday to Shawn a day late, and happy birthday to Dawn and Amy. August is quite the busy month with birthdays.

Slept late. Then after my free breakfast at the hotel - I went out and fetched in some food for my room for the week.

Today I argued with my very old personal laptop - and the computer won. Not a good sign for a computer professional. I am watching the Olympics as I type this - maybe they will have discus tonight so I can get some pointers on form. (See my sales background teaches me that if you want to get people to buy you have to create a need!!)

I also went to Outback Steakhouse and had an outrageously good rib eye steak with grilled asparagus and sweet potato's cooked with vanilla and shaved almonds. Twas worth every penny of the investment!

I was at the Mall but passed on going to see Tropic Thunder - seemed like a good idea up until I had to pony up the cash and then I walked away and went to Starbucks for dessert. Life is too short to waste your time on sub-par entertainment.

Saturday's away are the hardest day of the week. But this one too has passed.

No comments: