Monday, July 6, 2009

July 6th in Baha'i History


1892 - Abdu'l-Bahá designated Nabil-i-Akbar a Hand of the Cause of God, the Guardian of the Faith included him among the Apostles of Bahá'u'lláh, and it was to him that the Lawh-i-Hikmat (Tablet of Wisdom) was addressed. In the words of 'Abdu'l-Bahá, '...because he stood steadfast in this holy Faith, because he guided souls and served this Cause and spread its fame, that star, Nabil, will shine forever from the horizon of abiding light.'[1]


(In) Bukhara. There Nabil fell ill and died on 6 July 1892. (H.M. Balyuzi, Eminent Baha'is in the Time of Baha'u'llah, p. 115)


For Abdul-Baha’s account of this blessed soul In Memorials of the Faithful – Click Here.

1909 - Abdul-Baha is reported to have said:


"Afflictions and troubles are due to the state of not being content with what God has ordained for one. If one submits himself to God, he is always happy. A man asked another: 'In what station are you?' The other answered: 'In the utmost happiness.' 'Where does this happiness come from?' 'Because all existing things move according to my wish. I do not find anything contrary to my desire. Therefore I have no sorrow. There is no doubt that all the beings move by the Will of God, and I have given up my own will, desiring the Will of God. Thus my will became the Will of God, for there is nothing of myself. All are moving by His Will, yet they are moving by my own will. In this case, I am very happy.'


"When man surrenders himself, everything will move according to his wish." (The Diary of Juliet Thompson)


1912 – Abdul-Baha gave a Talk at 309 West Seventy-eighth Street, New York


The spiritual springtime has come. Infinite bounties and graces have appeared. What bestowal is greater than this? We must appreciate the divine generosity and act in accordance with the teachings of Bahá'u'lláh so that all good may be stored up for us and in both worlds we shall become precious and acceptable to God, attain to everlasting blessings, taste the delicacy of the love of God, find the sweetness of the knowledge of God, perceive the heavenly bestowal and witness the power of the Holy Spirit.


This is my advice, and this is my admonition.
(Abdu'l-Baha, The Promulgation of Universal Peace, p. 227)

No comments: