Wednesday, July 8, 2009

July 8th in Baha'i History




1957 - "As the situation in the world, and in your part of it (South and West Africa) is steadily worsening, no time can be lost by the friends in rising to higher levels of devotion and service, and particularly of spiritual awareness. It is our duty to redeem as many of our fellow men as we possibly can, whose hearts are enlightened, before some great catastrophe overtakes them, in which they will either be hopelessly swallowed up or come out purified and strengthened, and ready to serve. The more believers there are to stand forth as beacons in the darkness whenever that time does come, the better; hence the supreme importance of the teaching work at this time..."

From a letter dated July 8, 1957, written on behalf of Shoghi Effendi to a National Spiritual Assembly, published in A Special Measure of Love, p. 18


(Quickeners of Mankind, p. 34)



1909 - Abdul-Baha is reported to have said:




"Everything that is a sign of your love toward one another, though it take my time, yet it makes me happy. And if you will realize how much I love you all, you will know that even were I occupied day and night with your affairs, I would never tire. For My Love is not a physical one to make Me tired. My Love is purely spiritual and divine. Therefore I am never tired."




( The Diary of Juliet Thompson)

No comments: