Thursday, October 1, 2009

To be a Baha'i

A friend of mine has a wonderful Baha'i website: http://www.bahaiprinciples.org/
You can spend hours there and not get bored. He is contemplating adding a new section where Baha'i's submit a short description of what it means to be a Baha'i. I wrote this over 4 years ago. I hope many Baha'i's will take the time to do the same.

To Be a Baha'i

As someone who was a Christian for the first 24 years of his life, being a Bahai' means that Jesus Christ, faithful to His promise, has returned in the Glory of the Father.

As a sheep in a flock of Christians I have recognized the Good Shepherds voice as presented in this His new attire.

As a Bahai' I have received the gift of the "New Name" we would be given upon His return.

As a Bahai' I get to actively work to bring into being in this material world the spiritual reality created at the return, the unification of mankind into one fold following one Shepherd.

Today the Lord who in the Book of Revelation stated that He stood knocking at the door to our hearts has stated that a door wider than heaven and earth has been opened.

It is our job to take one pace and then with the next enter the Kingdom of God on earth. I took this step over 31 years ago, my world and that of my family has been greatly enriched ever since.

No comments: