Wednesday, March 5, 2014

March 5th in Baha'i History




1922 – Guardian writes of how he wishes to be viewed by the Friends

and on 5 March he added the following postscript to a letter to the American friends: "May I also express my heartfelt desire that the friends of God in every land regard me in no other light but that of a true brother, united with them in our common servitude to the Master's Sacred Threshold, and refer to me in their letters and verbal addresses always as Shoghi Effendi, for I desire to be known by no other name save the one our Beloved Master was wont to utter, a name which of all other designations is the most conducive to my spiritual growth and advancement.
          (Ruhiyyih Khanum, The Priceless Pearl, p. 76)

1985 - Execution of MR NUSRATU'LLAH SUBHANI IN TIHRAN

To all National Spiritual Assemblies

RECENTLY SAD NEWS OF FURTHER EXECUTIONS OF TWO BAHÁ'ÍS IN IRAN RECEIVED. MR RUHU'LLAH BAHRAMSHAHI, AGE 50, EXECUTED YAZD 25 FEBRUARY, MR NUSRATU'LLAH SUBHANI IN TIHRAN 5 MARCH. ...

UNIVERSAL HOUSE OF JUSTICE


No comments: